November 29th, 2018
Looking for a Unique Christmas and New Year? Try Thailand
Christmas and New Year’s Eve is the time to rejoice and end the New Year on a high note. It’s the time to celebrate with your family, and friends. However, celebrating Christmas and New Year’s Eve leads to a lot of stress and tiredness. But, these 2 reasons must not stop you from celebrating the 2 festivals. Thailand is a country that attracts many tourists from all over the world. The country is known for affordable beaches, budget shopping and many more.
Does Thailand celebrate Christmas?
Buddhism and Islam are the 2 main religions practiced and followed in Thailand. But owing to tourism, Christmas celebrated in huge way. Though, Christmas is not a traditional festival, that shouldn’t stop you from celebrating the festival. During Christmas in Thailand, the streets and malls of Thailand are lit-up with some astonishing, vibrant lights during Christmas. These are some of the reasons why you should celebrate Christmas in Thailand.
a. Weather – The weather of Thailand is soothing, making it perfect to celebrate Christmas. You can expect some rain, but the rest of the days are sunny.
b. People – Known as the ‘Land of Smile’, Thailand has some of the friendliest people in the world. English is not the main language, but the locals will wish ‘Merry Christmas’ to each other and the tourists with a warm smile.
c. Beaches – Some of the best and the most beautiful beaches are now in Thailand. Instead with white sandy beaches along with clear blue waters, celebrate x-mas in Thailand by swapping the typical snow.
d. Thai Food – Thailand is a country that serves some of the weirdest but tastiest food in the world. There are plenty of restaurants from luxury to budget-class that serve delicious delicacies. Try the Pananag curry or a delicious Massaman.
These are some of the reasons why you should celebrate Christmas in Thailand.
Best Places to Visit in Thailand
1. Asiatique – Located next to the Chao Phraya River, Asiatique is a combination of market and mall. Here, you have plenty of options for shopping. Along with shopping, this place has a good selection Thai and International cuisine to offer.
2. Chiang Mai’s Lantern Festival – If you want to celebrate New Year’s Eve in peace then head over to Chiang Mai. It is a city with less crowd and noise unlike Bangkok. Celebrate New Year’s Eve with beautiful candle-lit lanterns in Chiang Mai.
3. Clubs and Bars at Khao San Road – If you want to party like an animal then Khao San Road has some of the best pubs and bars. You can enjoy drinking, dancing along with eating weird delicacies like scorpions.
4. Rooftops of Bangkok – Bangkok is known to offer some of the best rooftop bars, offering awesome views of the skyline and the surrounding. If you want to feel on top of the world, visit Three Sixty, Octave Rooftop Lounge and Bar, Banyan Tree for some incredible views.
5. Dinner Cruise at Loy Nava River – Enjoy New Year in Bangkok with an amazing dining experience with the help of a 10 course Thai meal. Amazing food along with a bottle of wine is the perfect way to welcome the New Year. As you cruise and dine along, you can witness some spectacular fireworks show. Do remember to click some amazing pictures for a memorable experience.
6. Central World – Celebrate Christmas and New Year’s Eve at Central World consisting of shopping, partying, dancing, drinking and eating all night-long. There’s colorful fireworks show to witness attracting a lot of locals and tourists. One important note: This place gets crowded very easily and hence, you must avoid taking a taxi ride on the way here. That’s because the cab drivers will also mostly be drunk. Instead, take train ride service which is open the entire night.
These are some of the places you must visit in Thailand during Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Friends, families or even honeymoon couples are bound to have a memorable Christmas and New Year experience in Thailand. If you’re someone who resides in U.A.E then there are plenty of Thailand Tour Packages from Dubai and other cities helping you to go easy on your wallet. Also, tourists from other countries don’t need to panic while applying their visas. Visa for Thailand from Dubai is fairly easy and affordable and you can easily get one in less than 2 weeks. So, enjoy Thailand New Year’s Eve along with Christmas for an amazing experience.
Add Thailand Travels to your subscriptions feedThailand Travels