COVID-19 has impacted virtually every business, including the sports and fitness industry. The virus has led to an unprecedented increase in the use of mobile fitness apps.
As a way to stay fit while in isolation, people have embraced mobile fitness apps. And solutions that incorporate social media elements in addition to fitness training seem to be attracting more users than ever before.
WHAT IS THE BENCHMARK FOR KEY KPIS FITNESS APPS?
Following our design and development best practices, you should expect the following KPIs from your fitness app:
- A 28% conversion rate (how many people install your app after learning about it)
- Of the top 100 fitness apps (Apple), only 5% have a rating below 4 stars.
- Daily active users (DAU) should be around 9.41%.
- Average retention rate (how many users stay with the app) is 7% after one month, you should expect more given the growth of the industry (Peloton boasts a 95% retention rate)
- The most profitable fitness apps generate between $2 million and $6 million per month globally.
WHO ARE THE TOP PLAYERS?
Key players in the fitness app market include Adidas, Fitbit, FitnessKeeper, Azumio, MyFitnessPal, Nike, Noom, Under Armour and Aaptiv.
WHICH FITNESS APPS GENERATE THE MOST REVENUE?
If we look at the top 50 fitness apps in 2020 (App Store), we see that among them are:
- 26% of lifestyle apps are sleep tracking and meditation
- 20% - diet and nutrition
- 40% - workouts
- 14% - tracking sports activities like running, etc.
With all these statistics in mind, it's not surprising that the development of mobile health and fitness apps is on the rise.
WHAT ARE THE TOP 5 MOST POPULAR APPS?
Let's take a look at what fitness apps have been in the spotlight in the Apple Store and Google Play Store over the last three months. Using SensorTower's top charts to collect this data, we can quickly compile a list of the top 5 apps (note that there are no paid apps on the list):
Read more at this blog.
To notify a previous commenter, mention their user name:
@peter-smith if there are spaces.